Almost all the trends are in the fashion industry or the beauty and makeup one drives the majority of its inspiration from movies. Since its inception, movies have been a driving force in probably every walk of life. Lingerie is no different, and there are numerous trends and vintage collections in the world of lingerie that were introduced by the movies.
In our last blog too, we took inspiration from Bollywood, and have jotted down some stunning restyling ideas for your sexy night wear.
A sexy black lacy bra and panty or a sultry backless white slip, you cannot underestimate the power of a stunning lingerie moment in a movie. Some of the most sensuous and revealing movie scenes have not only built in a status of sexiness for the pretty bombshells in the movies but have inspired brands and fashion designers worldwide, then and now!
Over the years our eyes are treated with some of the best lingerie shots from Elizabeth Taylor’s stunning slip dress to Angelina Jolie’s skin-fitting leather corset in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
In this blog, let's revisit some of the most iconic Hollywood lingerie moments, and you can take away these inspirations for your next lingerie-shopping spree.
- The first inspiration has to be the iconic fusion of feathers and sequins on a robe. Jean Harlow spotted this stunning robe over a slip in the movie Dinner At Eight in 1933.
- Who can forget that pretty lace panty peeping out in a scene from The Seven Year Itch in 1954 beneath a white dress spotted by the leading lady Marilyn Monroe?
- Every set of eyes get glued to the screen when Elizabeth Taylor appears in her ravishing trimmed lacy slip, in the movie Cat On A Hot Tin Roof in 1958.
- The evergreen corset with suspenders and stockings was brought to us by Sophia Loren in the movie The Millionaires in 1960.
- Elizabeth Taylor in the movie Butterfield 8 in 1960 showed us how it is done correctly in a silk slip-in.
- A look that is probably still responsible for all the hype around the lace underwear and bra set in India and the world around is Sophia Loren’s floor-length negligee in the movie Marriage Italian Style in 1964.
- I have seen something as ravishing and elegant as the showgirl style corsets spotted by Jeanne Moreau and Brigitte Bardot in the movie Viva Maria that was released in the year 1965.
- An all-time stunner is Catherine Deneuve in the matching white set with see-through accents in the 1967 film Belle De Jour.
- I call animal trends a vintage one for a reason! Look at the stunning Anne Bancroft in a leopard print set in her movie The Graduate that hit the halls in the year 1967. You surely will want to grab a leopard print bra and panty set after looking at this stunner.
Billebon ensures that you treat yourself with the most stellar lingerie pieces in the market at budget-friendly prices. Hop to the online store to know more!